The DUI Penalties an individual will face when charged with a DUI can vary for a number of reasons. Some of these reasons are:
- It’s your first DUI
- It’s your second DUI
- It’s your third DUI
- You hit another car while under the influence
- Someone was injured when you hit their car
- Someone died due to the accident while you were under the influence
- You were on probation when pulled over for a DUI
- Someone in your car was injured
- Your license was suspended while you were driving
- You are not over the age of 21 when cited for DUI
- You were speeding when pulled over for DUI
- You ran a red light when driving under the influence
These are just a few of the different reasons the penalties you will be facing when you go before a judge can be different than those someone else faced when they went before a judge for their DUI.
All of these different scenarios which can play out in court are the reasons why you need a lawyer you trust by your side during these proceedings. You want to make sure you have an attorney who is going to fight for you to make sure you get off on all charges or a much lighter penalty than you would have gotten with a public defender or a lawyer who wasn’t willing to fight hard for you in front of the judge.
Some of the possible penalties you could face based on your situation, and please keep in mind every situation is different in front of the judge.
- Fines up to $1800
- Drivers license suspension of up to 120 days or more
- You could have to enroll in a alcohol treatment program
- Upwards of six months in jail (misdemeanor charge)
- Up to 5 years in jail if someone is killed or injured (felony)
The fines and the penalties are very serious. Please contact our office right away to discuss your case and learn how we can help you right now. Call now at 1-888-241-6864